1. Secure the income required to successfully deliver the proposal HHC submitted to DFID; i.e. to raise £800,000
2. Maximise income opportunities in a way that enables HHC to deliver and exceed campaign income targets (as per objective 1).
3. Deliver an appeal that DFID looked on so favourably that it positioned HHC strongly for a successful UK Aid Match application in 2015.
4. Place HHC on the map as a long-term funding partner of DFID’s moving forward
5. Raise awareness of the work the charity is undertaking both independently and with UK government backing
The core appeal content needed to target existing and prospective HHC audiences.
This included high net worth donors, individuals and community groups and accommodates 80% of the appeal monetary target.
The core content also needed to be leveraged for a wider peripheral digital campaign to and create HHC and DFID awareness amongst new audiences; with 20% of total fund raised forecasted from here.
Measures of Impact and Effectiveness
Through releasing the film across digital platforms we were able to increase awareness of the work the charity is undertaking both independently and with UK government backing.
● £2.1million raised, which is £4.2million with match aid
● 1,000 mentions of the campaign over the appeal period
● 1,000 views of the core appeal film
● 6 million reach on Twitter (increased from 50,000 pre-appeal)
● Over 10,000 visits to the dedicated appeal microsite
● Raised more than any other UK government match aid campaigns of 2014