EVCOM has confirmed a strong judging line-up for the Live Awards, bringing together over 20 of the top practitioners within the live event and visual creative industries and securing senior corporate commissioners and leading specialists for each category of the awards.
The high profile panel includes major global brands, agency founders and leaders, and specialists in event delivery, comms, venues and technology:
- Matthew Blood, Business Development for Conferences & Events, Twickenham Experience
- Giles Cattle, Head of Planning and Experience, Crown Business Communications
- Leigh Cowlishaw, Director, Capita Travel and Events and Chair, HBAA
- Tony Evans, Founder, egi:livecommunication
- Mark Gorgon, Director Global Sales Meetings and Incentives, FRHI Hotels & Resorts
- Nick Grecian, Group Managing Director, Gallowglass
- Mike MacLeod, Owner and Director, Firehouse
- Catherine Morgan, Events and Awards Manager, CIPR
- Robert Quayle, Meetings Leader & Head of Events, AstraZeneca
- Giselle Ripken, Executive Director, Grass Roots
- Rob Roffey, Director of Support Services, TFI Group
- Cary Rueda, Internal and Change Communications Consultant
- Fay Sharpe, Managing Director, Zibrant
- Sylvia Smith, Senior Director of Sales, Hyatt Holdings
- Nick Terry, MD & Co Founding father, Top Banana
- Guy Vellacott, Director Corporate Group, PRG XL Video
- Christophe Verstraete, Executive Director, EUROMIC
- Tamara Von Dohren, UK Internal Events Coordinator, Direct Line
- Richard Waddington, Chair, Event Marketing Association
- Sarah Webster, Owner, Webster Wright Marketing Communications
- Sean Wilkinson, Chairman, Corporate Rewards
- Abigail Wood, Event Manager, Barclays Personal & Corporate Banking
More judges are expected to be announced over the coming days.
The EVCOM Live Awards are the most respected mark of excellence in the live and experiential industry attracting entries from around the world. The reputation of the awards is built both on the high quality of submissions and the rigorous, independent and transparent judging process. Winning an EVCOM Live Award establishes the successful company as a true leader able to combine world class creativity with clear business objectives.
Events professionals should submit entries before close of business on Monday 12th September at http://www.evcom.org.uk/awards-entry/.
Steve Garvey, EVCOM CEO, said: “The 2016 line-up of judges reflects the highest calibre of talent in live communication. We are incredibly proud and excited to have such an esteemed panel to judge our awards, representing a true cross-section of our members and the industry as a whole. We look forward to hearing their views on Judging Day, which takes place on 5th October.”
We would also like to thank the EVCOM Live Awards 2016 partners: EUROMIC, drp, Hiscox Event Assured, Integro Entertainment, Business Events Dubai, Millennium & Copthorne at Chelsea FC, Live Magazine, Cvent, Hyatt International, Active Training Team and AXA PPP. For those looking to reach industry leaders, sponsorship opportunities are still available from Dave Comley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The spectacular awards ceremony takes place at Supernova in London’s Embankment on Friday 18th November. Online ticket booking will open shortly.
Robert Quayle, Meetings Leader & Head of Events, AstraZeneca, Abigail Wood, Event Manager, Barclays Personal & Corporate Banking and Tamara Von Dohren, UK Internal Events Coordinator, Direct Line pictured.