Four days a week
Central London base
Start date March 2017
Salary negotiable based on experience
EVCOM’s Events Manager, Harpreet, is on maternity leave and we are looking for a professional, energetic and outgoing Events Manager with strong communication skills and passion for live and visual communication.
The role will enable the right person to build valuable connections and get deep insight into the live and visual communication sector. You will work with creatives, venues and technical experts on some of the most exciting events in the industry, including awards ceremonies and conferences.
Based in our Soho office, the role involves working a minimum of 2 days a week in Golden Square. We can offer flexible working regarding hours and location for part of the week.
You will be project managing assigned events. We value flexibility and readiness to work as part of a team and support colleagues where needed.
Our culture is informal but professional. Everything we do is designed to help EVCOM members be more successful in this dynamic and exciting industry.
Oversee the development, management and delivery of the association’s educational and networking events, annual award ceremonies and any ad-hoc events. All events delivered should meet the expectations of members and the association’s business strategy.
- Delivering events for the association’s members and the wider industry specifically for the live events sector of the business
- Working with the CEO, Board of Directors and Project Manager to develop the annual calendar of events
- Overseeing the analysis of competitor event activity within the industry
- Liaise with the communication manager to promote and communicate key messages for both pre and post event activity
- Liaise with the membership manager on members feedback and sponsorship activity
- Liaise with finance on event invoicing
- The ability to build and maintain good working relationships with team and board directors, current and prospective members and partners
- Prepare and manage event budgets and provide regular updates to the CEO
- Manage negotiations with event suppliers
- Attend all event site visits
- Manage onsite event activity
- Develop registration platform (Cvent) and manage online event bookings
- Manage online award entries
- Manage awards judging both online and in person
- Liaise with the communications manager on developing and maintaining event apps
- Provide assistance with events where necessary to the Project Manager (Screen & Digital)
- Occasional help with the running of the Soho office and annual leave cover for Project Manager
To apply, please send your CV and brief cover letter explaining why you are the best person for the job to Kasia Moleda – email@example.com