Position: Event Consultant
Location: Maidenhead, South East Berkshire
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
2017 will see Conference Contacts celebrating 30 years of outstanding event delivery – providing our clients with memorable and cost effective event management solutions.
Our success comes from understanding our clients’ objectives to ensure that we provide an effective event solution as a part of their overall communication strategy. We consider ourselves to be a business partner to many of our clients rather than just event, logistics and venue finding suppliers and support them through every stage – from producing a detailed budget to delegate registration and communications, logistics planning, accommodation, transportation and reconciliation of their final accounts.
Of course, we are only as good as our team, which is why we only employ the most experienced event managers where attention to detail is a passion rather than a requirement and protecting our client’s investment is of prime importance. The high level of repeat business we are awarded says everything about the quality of our service.
And we have an exciting opportunity for an Event Consultant to join our busy Operations Team, in our offices in Maidenhead, Berkshire.
As Event Consultant you will be responsible for handling multiple clients’ meeting and event requirements and provide support to all areas of the business – venue finding, delegate management and event management.
The position will cover all aspects from concept to reconciliation; starting with the enquiry process; from initial brief and venue find, shortlisting, negotiation, coordinating site visits through to final confirmation and execution of the project. You will need to be an organised professional who excels in exceeding expectations, works in a timely and efficient manner, and thrives in a busy, deadline-driven environment.
This is a predominantly office based position, 9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of our business some additional office hours may be required. On occasion time working away (UK & International) will be required (evenings and weekends), these will recompensed.
This role would suit a Project Executive/Junior Project Manager or Venue Finder with some Event Management experience looking for their next step.
Conference Contacts Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
- Web registration – Previous use of Cvent / Etouches platforms preferable
- Data collection & management
- Delegate Communications – working knowledge and experience of mail merges through Microsoft Word/Outlook Supplier management (DMCs, Venues and other 3rd Party Suppliers)
A minimum of 2 years’ experience is required, preferably within an agency environment:
- Venue Finding – predominantly 4*/5* marketplace
- Event Management
- Strong knowledge of UK and International hotels
- IT Literate – proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word/Powerpoint
- Excellent written English, verbal & presentation skills (additional languages a benefit and will be viewed favourably)
- Team Player
- Effective personable communicator
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Aptitude for multi-tasking
Contact name: Penny Lewis
Contact phone: 01628 773300